Each ACT government school has a school board as a way of sharing authority and responsibility with the local school community. The partnership of parents, teachers and students has been a fundamental principle in the ACT school system since its inception. It is based on the common aim of parents, teachers and students for high quality education of children. It recognises the family and school community as the two strongest influences on the development of children and recognises the importance of a collegial relationship between them.
School boards are based on two principles:
* School communities should have decision making responsibilities and should be able to determine their own educational policies.
* Decision making at the school level should effectively involve teachers, parents/carers, students and the Department.
School Board Membership Committee:* School Principal * 1 appointed member (community member appointed by the Chief Executive)
* 2 staff members (elected by staff of the school and appointed by the Chief Executive)
* 3 parents and citizens members (elected by the parents and citizens association of the school and appointed by the Chief Executive)
* 1 board appointed member (the school board may appoint one or more people to be members of the board for a term (not longer than 12 months) decided by the school board).
* 2 student members (elected by the students at the school and appointed by the Chief Executive)
The function of the association is to promote parent participation and to enable parents to contribute to the College and to ACT public education.
Erindale College P&C Association executive committee members should be encouraged to also stand for the College Board. The Board is required to include three members of the parent community. Having P&C Association executive committee members included on the Board facilitates communication and ensures a coordinated approach to matters raised in either forum.
P&C Membership Committee:* President
* Secretary* Treasurer
* Vice President
* Public Officer* Community Member
* Alternate Delegate 2