Erindale College

Student Services (e-knex)

e-knex is the centre for student services and is responsible for matters relating to student welfare and any concerns you may have regarding your life at college including attendance, class Information, academic progress, enrolments and leavers.
Student Services comprises of:

  • Executive Teacher
  • Year Co-Ordinators
  • Administrative Staff
  • Careers and Transition Advisors
  • ASBA Coordinator
  • Counsellor

Administrative Staff

Administrative staff are available throughout the school day to answer general queries regarding absences, class changes, enrolments, leaving school etc.

Career Advisors

Can help with:
* Work experience placements
* Course and class selection advice
* ATAR estimates
* Advise on work and training options after college

Make an appointment or drop in.

ASbA Coordinator (Monday and Tuesday)

Australian School Based Apprenticeships (ASBA)
Assists and supports students in Vocational Education & opportunities to achieve a nationally recognised qualification by combining paid work & training as part of your education programme

Transition and Careers Advisor

Assists with transition into college and transition to employment or further study after college.  Can also assist with work Experience Placements and monitors the ACT Youth Commitment for students under 17

College Counsellor

The College Counsellor is available on a part time basis (available 2 days a week) to help with any difficulties and/or problems students may encounter.
Appointments are necessary.


Teachers mark their rolls in every lesson. It is a legal requirement that parents/guardians explain their child's absence.

Students may V grade a unit if they have unexplained absences which have no acceptable reason to explain the absence.

Students must submit a hand written note, signed by a parent/guardian or email with the student's full name, correct dates/times and acceptable reason. Emails from work address will be excepted to

Notes/emails must be submitted within 5 days of an absence.  If absent for 3 or more consecutive days a medical certificate is preferred.

Advance Notice of Absence

Parents are required to inform the college in writing of any advanced absence for 3 or more days, ie: overseas trips and interstate sporting events.  A form is available from Student Services for students to take to classroom teachers if any assessment items are due during this period, and must be checked by a co-ordinator on how to manage work missed.  This form must then be approved & signed by the Principal or Deputy Principal.

Class Changes

Students can change classes within the first week of each semester.  This is done in consultation with the Link teacher who will ensure changes are for curriculum or career reasons ONLY.  After initial consultation with the teachers, changes will then be made in Student Services, depending on the availability in that class.

Student Profiles On-Line

Students can access their ACT BSSS Academic Records on-line through website.  This is for students to keep track of their progress in relation to courses, grades and scores.

Change of Personal Details

You must inform student services if you have changed your address, mobile or parent/guardian contact details.  Proof of Residency is required for any address change.  If is important to keep this up to date to receive school news, student reports and for teachers to contact parents / guardians.  A form is available for Student Services or the college website.

Leaving College

Students intending to leave college permanently MUST complete a leavers form (available for Student Services) When complete hand into Student Services with your ID Card and Chrome book
Under new legislation students Under 17 years of age must also apply for an Approval Statement or Exemption Certificate at

Other Information and Forms Available from Student Services Students

  • Change of Personal Details/ Address Form
  • Leavers Form- including U17 applications
  • Special Consideration Forms- is for students who have missed exams due to medical or special circumstances
  • New Enrolment packs - appointments necessary
  • Check notice boards for regular updates.

What is the ACT Senior Secondary Certificate?

The  ACT Senior Secondary Certificate (ACT SSC) consists of:
*    the certificate, detailing your years of attendance and the college you are graduating from, and
*    the Record of Achievement, that details your studies throughout college.

They are awarded to all senior secondary students who have successfully met the ACT Board of Senior Secondary Studies (ACT BSSS) requirements. It is used by a wide variety of people including Australian and International education or training institutions, and employers. You could also provide a copy when you apply for awards or scholarships, or if applying for voluntary work with community organisations. Your ACT SSC is a very important document. Keep it in a safe place and always supply a certified copy to interested people, never the original.

Who is eligible to receive the Certificate?

The  ACT Senior Secondary Certificate is awarded to all students who
(1) complete an educational program approved by a college as having a coherent pattern of study in years 11 and 12, and
(2) meet the ACT BSSS requirements.

for more information contact our student services area.

Bookmark and Share

Follow Us On

Languages | Sitemap | Privacy | Disclaimer | Copyright Last Update: February 21, 2020
CRICOS Registration Number : 00643J