Work experience at Erindale College provides students with an opportunity to try different career options, in a safe and supportive environment. It forms part of a student's broader career development and is not required to be linked to a specific course of study.
Erindale College has strong links with the work community and has dedicated career teachers who support students to make a career enhancing decision when selecting and organising a placement.
Work Experience placements assist students in their transition from school to work and aim to:
- Provide students with an opportunity to relate school studies with a workplace
- Give students an insight into the diversity of employees in the workplace
- Prepare students for the demands and expectations of the working world
- Help students make informed career decisions by assessing their aptitudes and interests, and exploring potential careers
- Improve students’ maturity, confidence and independence
- Provide a link between school and local community
- Provide students with appropriate knowledge, skills and attitudes concerning both paid and unpaid work
For further information, please contact:
Jennie Sheppard, Transition and Careers Officer
Ph: 6142 2934
Claire Momcilovic, Careers Administration Support
Ph: 6142 2991