SYDNEY FC ACADEMY SCHOOL PROGRAM IN CANBERRA
Key Dates for 2022
Sydney FC Program Info Night - Wednesday 23 June, 6pm
Football Trials for 2022 Intake - Wednesday 4 August, 10am-1pm
Would your child relish the opportunity to reach their full potential on the pitch with Sydney FC whilst continuing to pursue a first-class education?
As part of the Sky Blues ongoing efforts to expand the reach of their talent identification and player development pathways a new Sydney FC Academy School program is in partnership with Erindale College and Wanniassa School.
The Erindale College Football Academy offers young players a full-time training environment, devised and delivered by highly qualified Sydney FC Academy-approved coaches in a network of high performing schools.
Pupils combine their pursuit of academic excellence with year-round football training that reflects the Sydney FC Academy philosophies on playing, coaching, learning and talent identification. Boys and girls take part in regular Sydney FC training sessions per week, which are embedded into academic timetables. Plus, access to the Sky Blues Academy talent identification days, participation in football tours and tournaments, plus training visits to watch Sydney FC’s A-League & W-League squads.
Programs are structured to compliment their game development with their Club and Association training outside of school.
Entry into the program is by application and trial that take place in Term 3 for students entering Year 10, 11 and 12 the following year.
The program will be the second satellite Sydney FC Academy School program outside of the Sydney metropolitan area joining Illawarra Sports High School in Wollongong. Other programs in the Sydney metro area include Endeavour Sports High School (Sutherland Shire), Narrabeen Sports High School (Northern Beaches) and Matraville Sports High School (Eastern Suburbs).
WHAT IS THE ERINDALE FOOTBALL ACADEMY PROGRAM?
- Full-time program, integrated into high school study
- Aims to maximize individual athletic and academic potential
- Focuses on individual development in a team environment
- Fully aligned with Sydney FC Academy philosophy
- Proven pathway to the Sydney FC Academy
- Fully accredited Sydney FC coaching staff
- Specialised goalkeeper training*
- Established program having been operational since 2015
WHAT DO PUPILS RECEIVE IN THE PROGRAM?
- Full-time education
- Regular football training sessions per week
- Match day and training visits
- Access to talent ID days
- Opportunity to participate in tours and play in tournaments
- Individual assessments
- Access to track progess through a digital player development platform
- Injury prevention program
- Skills Testing
- Well-being program
- Physiotherapy and rehabilitation support*
- Sydney FC training kit
- Sydney FC Limited Game Membership
For further information Erindale College Year 10-12 – Ph 6142 2977
Football Head Coach - Tim Davies (email@example.com)
Sydney FC Academy Technical Director - Kelly Cross
Erindale College Principal - Diana Whymark
Talented Sports Program Leader - Mark Armstrong
Erindale Football Head Coach - Tim Davies